Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gather.com , can you make any money?

Yes, you can make money on Gather.com. But not much. At least not as far as I can tell. Gather is an article site where you can post anything, as long or as short as you want, and you can earn points which can be redeemed for gift cards or cash.

There is no referral system, so the amount you can make on the site equals how much time you spend posting.

You get about $1 for each 62 points. If you can get at least 3000 points in a one month period, you can get cash instead of gift cards(the gift cards are for places like Home Depot, Borders, Macy's etc.)

I played around on the site for a few weeks, and got enough points to cash in for a $25 Home Depot card, which they sent in the mail. So I know they do pay.

I stopped using the site, though, because I can't see how one can make more than a few dollars a day, and you would have to have a ton of "friends", and be posting all day long.

It's still a good site though, and really is a lot of fun. Just not a big money maker for me.

No comments: